To submit for Internet Reimbursement, 2 things are needed - an ISP Request for Reimbursement Form sent to PALCS and an Internet service bill. Both are to be sent at the beginning of each school year. The entire Internet Reimbursement Process along with links to the form and where to send them is presented in detail below.
INTERNET REIMBURSEMENT SUBMISSION STEPS
- Parents must complete, sign and send an Internet Service Provider (ISP) Request for Reimbursement Form to PALCS at the beginning of each school year.
- The ISP Request for Reimbursement Form should be completed, scanned, and emailed along with a scanned copy of full Internet service bill to email@example.com. [Please note that snapshots of a cable bill do not usually work; it is strongly recommended that families scan the bill and email it as an attachment.] The Internet service bill must include the pre-printed name and address of the person being billed, along with the detailed charges page.
- A new ISP Request for Reimbursement Form along with a new bill must be scanned and emailed at the beginning of each subsequent school year (no later than October 31), or when there is a change of address or change in their Internet plan (rate change, provider change,etc.).
INTERNET REIMBURSEMENT DETAILS
Requests from new enrollments are accepted throughout the school year. The reimbursement cycle will begin upon receipt of a copy of the Internet connection bill for the first full month of the student’s enrollment. The cut-off date for qualifying for a month of reimbursement is the 15th of each Month.
For example: If a student enrolls before the15th of the month, his/her Internet connection will qualify for reimbursement for the month; if a student enrolls after the 15th of the month, his/her Internet connection will not qualify for reimbursement for the month.
- Reimbursements will be distributed two times during the year:
- The months of September-December will be reimbursed in April-May;
- The months of January-June will be reimbursed in late November-December.
(Note: reimbursements will not be issued if outstanding materials/invoices have not been returned/paid).
- Reimbursement will be paid only on the basic Internet high speed/DSL charge. PALCS reserves the right to determine the basic reimbursement amount from the submitted bill in accordance with the available service area rates. This information will be compiled from Pennsylvania Internet Service Providers.
Newly enrolled students may qualify for additional reimbursements. They are listed below:
- Set-up fees for Internet access incurred by families who do not have service (PALCS reserves the right to determine the reimbursement amount from the submitted bill);
- Installation of Ethernet cable to be run by the ISP provider to the student’s workstation. A receipt for this service must be submitted for reimbursement (maximum reimbursement = $150.00).
The following charges will not be paid by PALCS:
- Enhanced high speeds and service packages that are not described above or necessary for education
- Enhanced feature lines
- Taxes, surcharges and fees
- Rental or purchase of equipment, modem or router;
- Wire maintenance.
- Internet security
- Late fees, reconnection fees, etc., that are not incurred as a result of PALCS action or inaction and/or that are not in any way connected with required courses or the provision of education to students.