Resetting Securly on PALCS iPads
If you are having trouble accessing the internet via Safari on your PALCS iPad, you may need to relog into Securly.
1) First you will need to log out of your current Apple ID. You can do this by going to Settings, click on your Apple ID at the top left and then click “Sign out” at the bottom right.
2) Then you will need to clear the browsing data for Safari. You can do this by scrolling down the left menu until you see Safari. Click on that and the scroll down the right menu until you see “Clear History and Website Data.
3) Then you will need to restart your device.
4) Once the device has restarted, log back into your Apple ID by going to Settings and clicking the “Sign in to your iPad“ button.
5) When you open Safari and try to visit another webpage (www.yahoo.com or www.qvc.com , it should take you to the Securly login page. Enter in your full @stu.palcsmail.org address. (Do NOT use a personal Google account or this will not work and you will end up at an error page like this)
6) This will take you to the PALCS Lobby where you will log in with your school username and password (not your full @stu.palcsmail.org )
7) Once you login, it should take you to the page that you were trying to visit earlier.
If you are still having trouble accessing the internet you can try these steps again, but if it is still not working you may need to Restore your iPad to Factory defaults ( which you can do following this guide ). You may need to set up the iPad “as a new iPad” instead of importing from a previous device.