Shortcuts are an essential tool for anyone looking to be more efficient and productive on their computer. They allow you to quickly perform tasks and access features without having to navigate through menus or use your mouse. In this article, we will explore some of the most useful shortcuts available in popular platforms. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced user, there is sure to be something here that can help you streamline your workflow. To execute a "shortcut" you will need to press down multiple keys on your keyboard at the same time.
Mostly universal shortcuts:
- Ctrl + C: Copy the selected text or item.
- Ctrl + V: Paste the copied or cut text or item.
- Ctrl + Shift + V: Paste content from the clipboard without formatting (ie, pastes plain text)
- Ctrl + X: Cut the selected text or item.
- Ctrl + Z: Undo the last action.
- Ctrl + Y: Redo the last action.
- Ctrl + A: Select all the text or items.
- Ctrl + F: Find a specific word or phrase within a document or webpage.
- Ctrl + S: Save the current document or webpage.
These are some of the most commonly used shortcuts that are available in most programs and platforms. They can save you a lot of time and effort when you are working on your computer. It is worth taking the time to learn these shortcuts, as they can help you to be more efficient and productive in your daily tasks.
Google Chrome Shortcuts:
- Ctrl + T: Open a new tab.
- Ctrl + W: Close the current tab.
- Ctrl + Shift + T: Reopens the last tab you’ve closed. Google Chrome remembers the last 10 tabs you’ve closed.
- Ctrl + Tab: Switch to the next tab.
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab: Switch to the previous tab.
- Ctrl + L: Select the address bar.
- Ctrl + D: Saves your current webpage as a bookmark.
- Ctrl + H: Open the history page.
- Ctrl + J: Open the downloads page.
- Ctrl + +/-: Zoom in or out on the current page.
- F5: Refresh the current page.
- F11: Enter or exit full-screen mode.
Windows 10 Shortcuts:
- Win + I: Open the Settings app.
- Win + L: Lock your PC.
- Ctrl + Alt + Del: Open the security options screen, which allows you to lock your PC, switch users, sign out, or access the Task Manager.
- Win + Shift + S: Take a screenshot and save it to your clipboard.
- Win + PrntScrn: Take a screenshot and save it to your Pictures folder.
- Win + Left Arrow: Snap the current window to the left side of the screen.
- Win + Right Arrow: Snap the current window to the right side of the screen.
- Win + D: Minimize all windows and show the desktop.
Shortcuts can be a very helpful tool to increase productivity. They are not necessary but can greatly increase the amount of work you can get done.
Keywords: Short cuts, Shortcut, Key Combos, Key Combinations, Hotkey, Hot key, Hotkeys, Keys
Article is closed for comments.